This year Yuri Arcurs Photography is putting together an elite international academy program in the hope of producing the most competent and gifted photography class of 2015. This private funded program runs for three years, during which participants will be given a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience travel to exotic locations, a first-class photography education from some of the industry’s leading experts, and working experience through interactions with real projects, clients and top models.
We are looking to recruit 10 – 15 candidates, who will have to prove they are motivated, ambitious and bright. You will be given the opportunity to prove you have what it takes at our two-week long photography boot camp in January 2012. Very little photography knowledge is needed, we will equip you with what you need to know.
During the 3 year education you will have exams in the following subjects:
• The technical skills required to use all Nikon, Canon and Hasselblad cameras.
• Video recording and editing with SLR camera’s, RED epic and others.
• Basic and advanced photoshopping.
• Advanced RAW processing.
• Advanced digital image theory.
• Shoot planning and execution planning.
• Creative research, Image Critique.
• Branding, Client managing, Invoicing, Legal aspects.
How to qualify:
In order to qualify for the program, you must pass a 2 week boot camp in Cape Town, South Africa. The boot camp offers all it’s participants an opportunity to receive first-class photography training, even those who do not get accepted into the program.
To be considered for the photography boot camp you must:
• Manage your own accommodations and travel into Cape Town for the boot camp duration.
• Bring your own digital SLR camera that can produce at least 16 mega pixel images.
• Bring at least one 50mm or 85mm lens that can shoot no less than 2.0 in aperture.
• Bring at least 16 Gb of memory for your camera (CF preferred).
• Be able to stay 2 weeks in Cape Town for training and assignments from January 3rd 2012.
• Be able to dedicate 3 years of your life for this education starting from January 23rd 2012 and have no problem spending up to half of the year in all parts of the world with the primary base in Cape Town, South Africa.
• Have no criminal record or any other criteria that would not allow you to travel to Europe or other places.
• Agree to potentially being part of a TV production about the boot camp for reality TV.
How to apply:
Contact us no later than DECEMBER 1st on firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to mark the mail “Photography student” and include ALL of the following to be considered for the education:
• Motivation letter – tell us why you are interested in this education.
• Your CV.
• Any reference letter from previous employers.
• Something about yourself.
• A photograph of yourself.
• A statement showing a clean criminal record.
The final class candidates will be announced on JANUARY 17th 2012. The best candidates will be offered a job at Yuri Arcurs Photography after graduation.