The world’s highest selling Stock Photographer, Yuri Arcurs, is hosting his fifth Elite Academy Program with the purpose of producing the most talented and competent photographers in the world. This privately funded program runs for two years, where you could be given a once in a lifetime opportunity to get photography training from the industry’s leading expert, travel to exotic locations, and acquire working experience through interactions with real projects, clients and top models.
This program is suited to highly competitive, goal-oriented youngsters between the ages of 17-24 years with strong entrepreneurial and creative characteristics. You will learn how to manage a big production set and how to plan for a shoot. Very little photography knowledge is required, and we will teach you all you need to know. Our track record in developing superstars speaks for itself. Seven of the world’s top 15 highest selling stock photographers come from this very program and are multi-millionaires today. The income track record is an average of R30 000 per month in royalties one year after graduation, R120 000 per month two years after graduation and some are earning as much as half a million Rand per month three years after graduation.
During the 2 year education you will have exams in the following subjects:
- Technical skills required to use Nikon, Canon and Hasselblad cameras
- Video recording and editing with URSA mini, RED epic and others
- Basic and advanced photoshop skills
- Advanced RAW processing
- Advanced digital image theory
- Shoot planning and execution
- Creative research and Image Critique
- Branding, Client management, Invoicing and Legal aspects
How to qualify:
Sounds like something you don’t want to miss out on? In order to qualify for the two year Training Program, you must pass a one week Boot Camp in Cape Town, South Africa. During the Boot Camp you will compete with like minded participants to prove yourself and only the very best participants will be invited to attend the 2 year Academy. You will be evaluated on your entrepreneurial talent, your independence and your creativity. You will not be evaluated on your current camera knowledge. The one week Boot Camp participation is by invitation only and based on your application.
In addition to the above you must:
- Manage your own accommodation and travel to Cape Town for the Boot Camp duration
- Bring your own digital SLR camera that can produce at least 10 mega pixel images
- Bring at least one 50mm or 85mm lens that can shoot no less than 2.0 in aperture
- Bring at least 16GB of memory for your camera (CF preferred)
- Be able to stay one week in Cape Town for training and assignments from 1 February 2016
- Be able to dedicate two years of your life to this education starting from 1 February 2016
- Be prepared to travel outside of South Africa
- Have no criminal record or any other criteria that would not allow you to travel to Europe, USA or other destinations
- Agree to being part of a TV production about the Boot Camp for reality TV
Apply online at: http://www.peopleimages.com/bootcamp
Please note that your application must be received by no later than 17 January 2016 and in order to be considered must include ALL of the following:
- Motivation statement – tell us why you are interested in this education
- Your CV
- Any references from previous employers
- Something about yourself
- A photograph of yourself
- A statement showing a clean criminal record
Feel free to watch a clip from Boot Camp 2012 here:
And don’t forget to check out peopleimages.com!